Photo Book Project
For more than 200 years, people have called Colorado County home. From its towering live oaks, fertile soil, shaded banks of the twisting Colorado River, and abundant wildlife, the draw to the area by early settlers is easy to understand. Today, residents praise the warm hospitality, welcoming smiles, and friendly small-town atmosphere.
To celebrate our love of Colorado County, Columbus Historical Preservation Trust endeavors to create a one-of-a-kind, photographic celebration of our community. Seasons of Colorado County, a true community project, will be a stunning coffee table book featuring photographs highlighting all areas of Colorado County through the changing of the seasons. Accomplished professionals, budding young artists, and interested community members with cameras are all welcome to submit photos they believe capture the essence Colorado County. Submitted photos will be expertly curated by designer and publisher Jerry Herring and turned into a piece of art to be treasured by all who view its pages.
- Community events and celebrations
- Holiday decorations and festivities
- Historical homes, buildings, and landmarks
- Places of cultural significance
- Farm/country life
- Local businesses/shops
- People around town (anyone featured in the photo must have a photo release on file)
Photo submission guidelines:
- Photo must be original to the person submitting it.
- Submissions can be prints or digital images. Images will be reproduced large, so prints should be at least 8×10, and digital images should be at least 3.5MB.
- Submit jpegs via the online form (link below). Do not submit images embedded in Word or PDF documents.
- A signed photo release will be required for the accepted entries.
To submit a printed photo, please drop it by the Columbus Chamber of Commerce office during regular business hours. Printed photos must be placed in an envelope with the submitter’s name, email address, phone number, and title of the photo on the outside of the envelope.
All submissions must be received by May 1, 2024, to be considered. Accepted images will only be reproduced in the book and associated marketing and PR of the book. No monetary, trade, or in-kind compensation will be given for published images.
The generous support of community underwriters will make this amazing publication possible. Several underwriting opportunities are available. If interested in donating an amount not listed below, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Premier recognition in photo book
- Premier recognition on CHPT website
- Dedicated recognition post on CHPT social media feeds
- Complimentary CHPT Benefactor Membership for 2024
- Three complimentary photo books
- Opportunity to purchase additional photo books for discounted rate of $25
- Priority recognition in photo book
- Priority recognition on CHPT website and social media feeds
- Complimentary CHPT Individual Membership for 2024
- Two complimentary photo books
- Opportunity to purchase additional photo books for discounted rate of $30
- Recognition in photo book
- Recognition on CHPT website and social media feeds
- One complimentary photo book
- Opportunity to purchase additional photo books for discounted rate of $35
- Recognition in photo book
- Opportunity to purchase photo books for discounted rate of $35